Friday, September 4, 2009

Seriously? A Blog?

Monday mornings are usually mandated by an extra scoop of coffee grinds. Not these days. Instead, I wake up knowing there is nowhere I would rather be. The wisdom I gain from D.A. Carson's opening prayer would be enough to rouse me, and with his Monday lectures in Biblical Theology and Interpretation, I grinningly (are you surprised that's a word?) reflect on years of dreaming, planning, longing, and praying for this day. So why a blog? The excitement that comes from walking through the book of Colossians in Greek Exegesis 1 with Dr. David Pao, while Dr. Pao is writing THE commentary on Colossians for Zondervan, or having Introduction to the Old Testament with Dr. Beitzel, while the textbook is written by him...combined with experiencing Dr. Carson grand slam home run my questions out of the Kantzer-building ballpark, is too much to keep to myself. Welcome to my world at Trinity International University.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Dave-nice to be exactly where God wants you to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are a creative and compelling communicator. I look forward to reading as God shapes your thoughts, heart and mind all to His glory!

    ReplyDelete