Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Random Blessing!

For Dr. Carson's class I have to read this massive Bible dictionary called The New Dictionary of Biblical Theology, which is a compilation of articles/entries by world scholars on basically every issue touched by Biblical Theology. Tonight I was reading an amazing section on Scripture, with reference to its canonicity, authority, inspiration, etc. The article just blew my mind and made me think a lot about how I take Scripture for granted. As I was finishing up the entry and reflecting on it, I ran across the name of the writer. I had been reading an article by one of my very own professors, Dr. E. J. Schnabel, a New Testament professor here at Trinity, and didn't even realize it. What an amazing blessing to be given three years to learn from the best scholars in the world, so that I can glorify God to the fullest potential with my life. I pray that I will never take this for granted, and will continue to recognize it as the true gift that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment