Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hiatus Ended, Passion Refilled

Some of you may have noticed (and by some, I may only mean my Mom) that I took a hiatus from blogging.  Well, I hope to get back into it with a new batch of thoughts and ruminations from seminary life.  My first semester of graduate school was multifaceted--fulfilling yet lacking, life-giving and yet draining.  Having begun my grad school experience with a 6 week intensive Greek course, a one day break, and then the most intense semester of my life, by finals week I was ready to give my mind a break.  The week preceding finals and finals week itself were the most intense academic two weeks of my life--waking up around 5 am and closing shop around 11 pm.  In the intensity, the Lord taught me immensely and increased my love for His word greatly.  After a refreshing break of absolutely no studying, and even a little pleasure reading, I feel refilled and ready to enjoy all the Lord desires to teach me here at Trinity.  With that, I have finally landed at a church home, and have begun leading a small group of high school men at church.  Learning about God's word, when not grounded in real life experience, is void of any worth--thus I am excited to pour into the lives of young men, and to challenge them to a life of mission and purpose for the fame of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment