Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No Words

Dear friends and family,
    There are no words to describe the experience so far.  We spent two days in Jordan, where we experienced their famous hospitality.  Everywhere we went people asked us to sit down for tea and would wave to us with smiles...definitely not the reception I expected!  While you're on the internet, Google image "Petra, Jordan."  That was an incredible place.  At one point in history, this location was the fortress of the Edomites--whom you will find all over Scripture in the Old Testament.
     I only have a few minutes so I'll highlight my most memorable moments.  We stood in Jordan at the top of Mount Nebot, where Moses died.  Here we read the promises to Abraham of the land, and looked out over locations such as Jericho.  The first night we arrived in Israel, we swam in the Red Sea and chilled by the beach.  At night, a few friends and I got coffee and sat by the Red Sea with an amazing breeze and 75 degree weather.  Yesterday we stood on a 10th century Israelite fortress--from the time of David and Solomon!  Incredible.  Today, we looked out over the valley where David battled Goliath, and the Israelites defeated the Philistines.  Then we picked up stones in the brook below where David would have taken stones.  Studying these locations with a Harvard trained archaelogical lights the research fire in my heart and then unleashes the faith within me.  My faith is burning like a Wisconsin bonfire :) (think Manitowish Waters!)  I have many many more thoughts, from many more amazing locations...but I will leave them for when we can chat in person.  We are slowly making our way to Jerusalem, which makes my heart beat faster.  I cannot wait to walk in the footsteps of my Master.  Please pray for my own heart to be cemented in faith and truth.  Love and blessings to you!  Shalom lacha!

      Love in Christ, David

1 comment:

  1. So exciting to read a little about your trip! Can't wait to hear so much more. Love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete